Poland Investment Zone (PIZ) is an instrument introduced in 2018 to support new investment projects carried out with the territory of the Republic of Poland.
The main principle of PIZ is to cover the entire territory of Poland with a tax exemption system that was previously provided solely by special economic zones.
An entrepreneur who is planning a new investment project can currently apply for public aid from several sources, e.g.:
- government grants,
- subsidies from EU programs,
- property tax exemption,
- income tax exemption (in any location chosen by the entrepreneur).
The companies that manage the special economic zones have been tasked with the implementation of the PIZ program within the entire territory of Poland.
The Wałbrzych Special Economic Zone “INVEST-PARK” (WSEZ “INVEST-PARK”) is one of fourteen state entities that issue decisions on investment support.
The WSEZ “INVEST-PARK” has over 20 years of experience in locating and supporting investments, both of global corporations and medium, small and micro companies. The WSEZ “INVEST-PARK” supports regional development and creates a business-friendly atmosphere. Under the new investment support program, the Wałbrzych Special EconomicZone “INVEST-PARK” manages an area located in three provinces, 29 counties, and 174 gminas (communes). An entrepreneur who is planning an investment in this area can apply for support in the form of income tax exemption only to the WSEZ “INVEST-PARK”.
The WSEZ “INVEST-PARK” implements the PIZ policy through:
- granting the decision on support, which entitles an entrepreneur to an income tax exemption in the amount of 25% to 55% of the eligible costs incurred for the new investment (the decision is granted subject to the quantitative and qualitative criteria described here)
- enabling access to a greenfield area located in south-western Poland,
- enabling the purchase or rental of production, warehousing and office facilities,
- providing support in legal and organizational matters related to the new investment,
- providing other forms of assistance to entrepreneurs carrying out new investment projects,
- enabling access to well-developed markets, including automotive, household appliances, machinery, chemicals, and food processing.